Thursday, January 20, 2011

Walking the Inches Off

Once you get into it, walking has SO many benefits. The hardest part is getting out of bed in the morning to do it. Gerry and I have decided that an early morning walk is the way to go. I find that when we are in Florida, it is much too hot later in the day to walk...so early morning it is!!

Last year I walked daily to listen to my Bat Mitzvah portion, It served two great purposes - getting exercise and spending an hour studying each day. By the end of four months, not only did I know my parts, I had slimmed down from the walking regime.

It's way too easy to fall off the band wagon. I haven't walked consistently for over two months now. It's time to get back into the rhythm...it does feel invigorating and good to work up a sweat. Now that I've written it down, maybe it will help me get back on track.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Queenie,
    Well, I have been walking 3-4 times a week on my treadmill since January. I am looking forward to getting out and taking my walking outside very soon. I think that I will probably want to do it more often once I am outside. It is great that you have the ability in Florida to walk outside all the time. I would love to hear that you have gotten back on track!
    Thanks for being in touch with me on my blog!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete