Saturday, January 15, 2011

Queenie Rich's Muse #1

I am so thrilled I learned about JAFCO. It's such a worthwhile organization! While preparing for my Adult Bat Mitzvah, I searched for a meaningful project to work on. What could be better and more fitting than helping those less fortunate! Under the wings of JAFCO, boys and girls from birth to young adulthood are nurtured, cared for and given the opportunity to lead a 'normal' life. Kids are driven to schools in communities they came from so that they can maintain friendships and continuity in their studies.
Thanks to the generosity of family and friends, donations made in honour of my spec #1ial day have raised over $2000 to date.

I was truly blessed to be able to stand on the dais in synagogue and look out to see four generations of family and friends there to celebrate with me! Truth be told, you get so much more pleasure from giving than being on the receiving end. Hopefully my example will encourage others to use their skill sets and strengths to reach out to help others.

As Tommy Lasorda said:
There are 3 kinds of people -
Those who make things happen
Those who watch things happen
And..those who wondered what happened!

Trust me -make yourself feel good...go make things happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment